Update 09/06, sadly as a Victorian small business & tourism operator that is operating also on NSW owned waters/lakes/rivers all Cruises are temporarily closed until further notice due to the Victorian government’s restrictions/regulations that are in place, not making it viable for us to operate. We will continue to monitor changes and keep you informed as to the status of re-opening. Stay safe and we look forward to welcoming everyone soon.
A Traditional paddle steamer & side wheeler of Australian History, with the sounds of years gone by…
The P.S Cumberoona is now fully restored by the Knowles family and gracing the waters of the mighty Murray River and Lake Mulwala, on the Victorian & New South Wales border, of Australia.
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to join us for a leisurely cruise,event and or function venue to experience a piece of Australian history first hand, aboard our newly restored paddlesteamer Cumberoona.
Sit back, relax and enjoy refreshments from our fully licensed bar. Offering cruises for lunch, afternoon, Dinner As well as special “Chef prepared meals” by collaborating with local restaurant and caterers “The Naked Tree” for a selection of our sunset dinner cruises, special events, weddings & functions from the regions best suppliers.
*Offering two large undercover decks/floors of space to fit 100 guests
* interior seating on the bottom deck (walker & wheelchair friendly)
* top deck views with loads of original bench seating along the walls, tables and chairs
* indoor and alfresco decks undercover
* interior viewing windows to underwater paddles
* Viewing balcony to the original steam/boiler circa 1902 engine room operations.
* Wheelchair/walker accessible with ramps to get on board and ramps to move around inside of the boat
* Male & Female Toilets on board
* Family friendly (pram/stroller accessible)
* Kid’s School Holiday Special “Pirates of the Cumberoona” (Autumn/Spring Holidays only)
* Pet Friendly (only on the 2.30pm 1hr Sightsee cruises which are seasonal – please refer to cruise timetable for availability)
Full historic and local landmarks commentary by the Captain & owner operator Robbie Knowles. Captain welcomes visits to the wheelhouse. All whilst you are captivated by the sights of Lake Mulwala and the Murray river and enhanced by the sounds of the paddle wheels.
Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality Finalists for the 2019 Graincorp Moira Business Excellence Awards Meet our Family crew- A locally owned and family operated Micro business
Check out our YouTube Channel – click here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcRu-NS5SclNMPXVg-N5YXw
We are COVID SAFE with a Covid-19 plan in place for the health & safety of the crew & patrons on board. Help us stay Covid Safe with the below conditions at all times when cruising with us.
There is so much to #eatseedo in our Sun Country on the Murrayregion. Take time to explore & meet the producers of the “Murray Farm Gate Trail” with a bounty of food & wines for all tastes. The P.S Cumberoona is now a “Taster Partner” included in this Trail showcasing some of the best regional products for you to try as you enjoy a paddlesteamer cruise with us.Click here for Cruise Times Main Departures from Yarrawonga Foreshore on Hunt St, Yarrawonga or by request at the Mulwala Water Ski Club on Melbourne St. Mulwala, perfect for residents and visitors to enjoy her once again.photographed by Glen Thompson